Emergency Physicians of Tidewater (EPT) is a democratic group of board-certified/board-prepared Emergency Medicine physicians and mid-level providers dedicated to providing outstanding patient care. The physician members of EPT also serve as the faculty of the Department of Emergency Medicine at Eastern Virginia Medical School. The Board of Directors of EPT has identified the following values that serve as the guiding principles for EPT:
- Our primary mission is the provision of high quality, compassionate patient care.
- We are dedicated to providing appropriate and efficient patient care without sacrificing quality of care.
- We will conduct ourselves in a professional manner, always respectful of our patients, emergency department staffs, mid-level providers, and fellow physicians.
- We have the responsibility to provide an outstanding education and training experience for our Emergency Medicine residents, off-service residents and medical students.
- We will work in an environment that promotes and encourages personal and professional satisfaction, economic security, and professional longevity for our members.
- We will only partner with those hospitals and health care systems that share our patient oriented beliefs and philosophy.
- We will serve as the leading advocate of emergency patient care and emergency medicine issues.